Network Engineer, System Administrator, IT Help Desk, Technical Support
+1 647 551 5309
* 10+ years experience with Operating Systems including, Microsoft Windows (XP/7/8/10/11), Windows Server (2008, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019), Linux and its popular variants (Red Hat, Debian, Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint), and Apple Macintosh Operating Systems (OS-X).
* CompTIA A+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Professional, with experience in CCNA R&S, MCSA Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V, MCSE Messaging (Exchange 2013), SCCM, PowerShell, PTPP and IPsec VPNs using Windows 10. Office 365, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory.
* IT professional capable of advancing quickly to various roles and is motivated to perform at peak levels and meet company goals.
* Network and System Administrator with technical and troubleshooting repair expertise, responsible for stable operation, availability and performance of the network.
* Team player who is flexible, reliable and adaptable to dynamic environments with leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, resourceful, systematic, organized, creative, results-oriented and able to work under pressure.
* Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), TCP/IP and WAN, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Firewalls, Disaster Recovery, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Desktop, Workstation, Server Hardware, Apple iOS version 15, and Google Android 12. MS Teams. O365.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Highest Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Service Desk Analyst
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT - Scarborough, ON
May 2019 to Present (3 Years, 5 Months+)
* Working on site at Reliance Home Comfort in Account Administration and Service Desk roles
* Password resets, onboarding new accounts, user permissions and administration in Active Directory, Windows Server 2012, Office 365, Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
* Provides front-line advice service to end-users on software and hardware related problems.
* Provides IT support to callers in multiple locations such as home, offices and remote offices, supporting issues such as VPN, Citrix, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, network resource access, MS Office, MS Windows.
* Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems. Dayforce. CRM. CMS. Banner. Solomon. IFS FSM. Avaya One-X.
* Manages domain account and Citrix sessions, contacts and asset information.
* Perform on-/ and off-boarding tasks to grant, revoke, and suspend system access for new, existing, and departing users.
* Act as an escalation point for level 1 analysts, when required
* Escalates critical issues to Supervisor and Incident Manager.
* Routes calls to internal and external support groups and follow-up on outstanding tickets and escalations.
* Provides one-on-one instruction on new applications
* Researches information for users on applications when necessary
* Completes special projects or tasks assigned by Supervisor.
Technical Services Representative
Compugen Inc - Scarborough, ON
February 2019 to May 2019 (4 Months)
* Deployed more than 50 Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise to McCarthy Tetrault
* Worked with a team to install, refresh, or replace to Windows 10 migration of more than 540 computers at Stikeman Elliott
* Installed, refreshed, or replaced more than 300 Windows 10 Devices, setting up port replicators and multiple monitors over several phases lasting up to 6 to 8 weeks at McCarthy Tetrault
* Delivered and set up laptops for Toronto District School Board schools.
Novus Corp LLC - New York, NY
January 2016 to December 2018 (3 Years)
* Maintained both Windows Server and Linux Ubuntu Server remotely. These are on Virtual Private Servers as well as act as VPNs for the company.
* Tracked individual participation and targets for blockchain and distributed ledger technology related projects.
* Initially contacted to offer services as a trusted third party escrow in gathering contributions from the community.
* Distributed tokens and bounties working together with a social media campaign manager using twitter, forum signatures, facebook, as well as medium and steem articles, acting as escrow.
* Help launch a token on the Ethereum network and a temporary proof-of-stake alternative coin that is currently undergoing a migration to the EOS platform. This allows an experimental reddit style forum that is censorship resistant and anonymous postings.
* Moderator on largest cryptocurrency forum bitcointalk and on official Discord channels related to the project, to assist in cleaning up irrelevant posts or unwanted spam, and keep a smooth flow of discussion.
Rexall Pharma Plus - Toronto, ON
November 2015 to November 2015 (1 Month)
* Entered product information, processed cash or credit payments and answered customer inquiries while maintaining high accuracy and confidentiality.
* Performed stock counts and orders for designated areas while keeping a strong work pace over time.
* Met and exceeded sales targets on a consistent basis by identifying key tasks and resources needed to achieve sales objectives.
Computer and Network Systems Administrator
Kingsmen Corporation - Manila, Philippines
August 2004 to October 2015 (11 Years 2 Months)
* Setup building wide Wi-Fi using Ubiquity Wireless Access Points
* Administered and maintained network and computer systems, installed software, modified and repaired hardware and resolved technical issues.
* Administered finance and accounting cash flow, payroll, and banking, using both QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
* Developed and maintained retail store and warehouse inventory systems.
* Managed, repaired, fine-tuned, and directed the use of local area networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and other related equipment.
* Installed and configured computer hardware and software, including network software, operating system software, and office productivity software.
* Implemented network traffic and security systems and optimized performance.
* Created data backups and failure recovery operations by resolving problems with malfunctioning products.
* Provided base level IT support to non-technical personnel within the business.
* Directed, planned, controlled operations in the IT department by remaining up-to-date on the latest technology to provide adequate solutions.
* Handled forensics, penetration testing, computer and network security, and vulnerability assessment.
* Researched, troubleshot and resolved complex problems independently.
* Reviewed technical documentation and procedures, enthusiastically participated in job related training by defining and documenting technical best practices.
* On call all the time, helped bring the network and printer services back up from the other side of town by navigating employees over the phone.
Diploma with Honours in Network Engineering
Canadian Business College - Toronto, ON
November 2015 to November 2016
97th Manager's Course in Strategic Management, Knowledge and Information Management, Production/Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Financial Management
University of the Philippines, Institute for Small Scale Industries - Quezon City, Philippines
July 2011 to November 2011
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
San Beda College Alabang - Muntinlupa, Philippines
June 1997 to March 2002
* Microsoft Office (10+ years)
* Hyper-V (2 years)
* Technical Support
* Active Directory
* Help Desk
* Software Troubleshooting
* Microsoft Windows
* Operating Systems
* Computer Networking
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Microsoft Exchange
* Network Administration
English - Fluent
Tagalog - Fluent
Branch: Air Force
Service Country: Philippines
January 2000 to October 2015
* Planned, participated and lead in Civil Military Operations, Medical, Dental, Engineering, Search and Rescue, Disaster and Humanitarian Missions across the country together with other government agencies
* Trained by Special Forces (Army) in Unconventional Warfare, Naval Special Operations Group (Navy) in Underwater and Scuba, and Special Operations Wing (Air Force) in Air to Ground Ops
* Taught armed and unarmed combat to officers and enlisted personnel
* Received awards, commendations and badges; rifle and pistol sharpshooter
Certifications and Licenses
January 2016 to January 2025
Microsoft Certified Professional
September 2016 to Present